My stamping adventures

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ice days are here!

Yes, the ice has arrived here in CT.  they had to close one of the bridges .... yesterday, I think it was.  I didn't have any where to go so not sure which day.  sometimes I go for days without needing to go out but in this day and age with all the electronics you hear about things almost immediately. that's how I found out....facebook.  Anyway thought this card is appropriate for the occasion.  It's a pop up card with the igloos and penguin fussy cut and mounted to mountains of snow and ice.  all images from Starving Artistamps  what I like about these stamps (not affiliated with company just like them) is that they are deeply etched red rubber.  sometimes you just have to get out the rubber.  today most of the stamp sets are clear so you have to make sure you have a cushion to stamp, or specific ink so it doesn't hurt the stamp ... BUT with rubber you can just stamp, have fun, and not worry about anything.  rubber hold up to most everything.  guess you can tell I'm a fan of red rubber stamps opposed to clear stamps.
today it's a little cold but seems to be ice free so go out and have fun.☺

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Fun card, Sue. Happy Thanksgiving!

stamping sue said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. say hi to sam and mary for me.