My stamping adventures

Monday, January 30, 2017

quick watercolor postcards

 Today I'm showcasing these fun, quick and easy watercoloring postcards that I did at the crop I was attending earlier this month.  actually did these in between doing the cards I had prepped when I was tired of doing the cards.  to start off the ferris wheel postcard is done on watercolor paper and the other two were done on bristol board.  personally I like the movement more on the bristol board postcards.  basically what I did for these 3 postcards is I wet the papers first with water pen then added color and wet again.  let them dry then stamped images with archival black ink and colored in images with the same zig clean markers.  these pens make a nice water color effect in the background but I think I need to practice some more.


postcard details:
stamps: Unity stamp co. - socks/saying, ferris wheel/saying, girl/saying --- fireworks by LIWP
watercolors: zig clean color markers
water pen
archival black ink

2 comments:

Debra Davison said...

Sue, I absolutely love these !! The watercolor background gives a splash of color that is perfect.. I make tons of postcards for swaps-- will definitely try this !!

stamping sue said...

thank you my friend. it was freeing just to do a splash of color for the background.