My stamping adventures

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Tag on.....in 2017

stamps - Stampers Anonymous
TH washi tape
distress inks
TH paint dabbers
Did a paint resist technique on these two tags...one with black paint and other with white paint. I think the white paint worked best for me because for some reason my black dabber paint just soaked into tag.  the white dabber dried with a bit of texture which worked better for this technique.  dabbed paint onto background images and stamped on tag then allowed them to air dry...I left them for a few hours so I knew they would be fully dried.  got out my blending tool and distress inks to blend color all over tags.  wiped off painted images with damp paper towel to remove any excess paint and make that image pop a little more.  next I stenciled with white paint dabber on tag with black image and the same distress green ink on the white painted image.  over stamped the row of birds with black ink on the one tag but the tag with the black painted background image ... well ... that one didn't need anymore black so left it alone.  added some washi tape for some dimension to break up the stamping...after that I stamped the rainman on separate cardstock....fussy cut....and mounted to tag.  done! except for cleaning stamps...remember to always wash stamps off that you used paint or the paint will dry into the crevasses forever.  thanks for stopping by...leave me a comment and let me know what you think...does it need more or less?

No comments: