My stamping adventures

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Paper piecing fun

for the owl tag I paper pieced the cute owl for halloween.  glued him to a cut down tag I did some distress oxide coloring.

I decided to join in a challenge where the theme is paper piecing...mainly because I haven't done that technique in ages.  Paper piecing is a fun technique where you do just like the name of the technique...paper piece.  stamp an image onto pattern paper then cut out specific pieces of the image and glue them onto the stamp image.
I paper pieced this sweet girl's snowsuit, scarf and hat.  next I did some select color with my Prisma color pencils.  the background is some playing around with distress oxide ink pads. layered the paper pieced piece onto a white note card with the same pattern paper used for paper piecing. 


this last card uses the same sweet girl but I used up the left over pieces from the other card.  the only paper piecing on this one is the coat, scarf and hat.  again did a little select prisma color pencil coloring.  check out her face...tried to make it a little blue with pink cheeks....she's been out in the snow a long time.  teeheeehee

No comments: