My stamping adventures

Friday, May 26, 2017

fun with tags

stamps used: Unity stamps
inks: Ranger distress inks
Decided to make a couple of tags doing the an oldie but goodie technique.....embossed resist.  the smaller tag is a white one I cut and the other is a manila bigger size tag so the resist on the smaller tag is more pronounced.  for both tags,  I stamped the "wish" flower for texture around the edge of the tag.  o.k. it's not really a wish flower that is my name because when I was a child, my dad used to call the dandelions that went to seed wish flowers.  he told us to make a wish then blow them to the wind.  the smaller tag I used two distress inks to blend spot colors and on the bigger tag I blended the amber ink all over the tag.  used a stencil to add raspberry spots on the poppy gal then amber and orange dots around the rest of the tag.  just had fun making a couple tags.  

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Love the story about your dad and the wish flowers.

stamping sue said...

thanks, that's a nice memory.