My stamping adventures

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Soot stamping

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.
supplies:
candle
Krylon Clear Matte finish spray
glossy cardstock
basic instructions:
1.  burn surface of glossy cardstock with candle.
2.  stamp dry stamp into soot.
3.  remove stamp to reveal the image on card.  the dry stamp removes soot.
4.  spray card in a well ventilated area or outside with Krylon spray.
5.  allow to air dry and repeat step #4.
6.  finish card with ribbon and cardstock.
come back soon for more soot stamping.

4 comments:

PCStamper said...

Very cool.

stamping sue said...

Petti...haven't you ever done soot stamping?

Lori said...

Hi Sue, Thanks for sharing my dear friend. Love your cards and I love soot stamping! A tip...for a more rustic look, burn some of your edges a little. It is a great effect, especially for a male card. I use Krylon's workable fixative on mine. Dries quick with a mat finish. Big hugs to you and Happy stamping, your long ago & still are friend, Lori (used to be Mama Cheese Mouse) :)

PCStamper said...

I don't think so, though I have a vague recollection of using a candle to smoke a page years ago so maybe I did.